with Apollo Grace, core-light.com

Friday, October 12, 2012

Releasing the Golden Cord

I've been on a pretty intense path of personal growth and transformation for the past ten years.  During that time, I've changed almost everything in my life.  I released my first marriage and entered another; I moved from Minnesota to Maui; I even changed my name.  But I had always hung on to my old job as a software engineer.  It took a lot of time away from the work I truly feel called to do, but it was good money.  I always thought "maybe next year I'll let it go."

In late August of this year, I got a surprise gift from the divine.  I was laid off.


I'm in tremendous gratitude for the way my job has served me.  I was a remote employee for a great company, from my house (or wherever I happened to be at the time), for 15 years.  It gave me great health care, covered the monthly mortgage on my old house.  It's paid for 15 years of largely organic food.  It's supported all my travel, and paid for every workshop I've gone to as I've immersed in my new life and new being.  And now it's blessing me with a severance agreement which gives me breathing room to build my new support and manifestation structures and practices.

Thank you, my former employer; I appreciate you, I hope I showed up well for you, and I release you.

I know that I am not in the practice of running my own business, so this is a big transition, and it's risky, but my experience is not one of fear.  I am so, so grateful that I was chosen to be released; I know my colleagues are more in alignment with their work there.  And even though I was ready to move on, it was not a step I was ready to make on my own.

Now, I am on fire!  I am ready to create!  I processing dozens of ideas about how to move forward in writing, coaching, and workshop creation.  I'm grateful to have more space in my life to drop in to my practices, and to support being a priest-in-the-world by beginning in my own body, by doing my own work.  I'm grateful to have more time to loving and creating with my beloved.  And I'm looking forward to dropping in deeper to community here in Maui, which is so rich with growth opportunities for the leading edge of human consciousness and embodiment.


May the changes that come unexpectedly into your own life be as rich with opportunity.  Look for not just the silver lining, but for the immense vista of possibility that unfolds in the closing of a door.

Blessings,

-Apollo

No comments:

Post a Comment